Thursday, August 16, 2012

Hospitality - Julaine Brandsoy

A few years ago, I learned about the word "hospitality" in a way I hadn't thought about before. I was looking for a group to join and each had a "charism" they focused on as part of their service to the world. The charism of hospitality is the gift of those who give generous and cordial reception of guests and offer a pleasant, sustaining environment.

This was Jualine for me. Very early on she offered to volunteer in several capacities. She took responsibility for reception when the doors opened so I could do other things. She provided a really great pinata customized especially for us. She brought old yearbooks too look through. That pins the down the whole definition to me. She even stopped me, smiled, said hello, and gave me a hug when I was running around. It gave me a moment to stop, catch my breath and get a hug! Lovely. - Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment